What parameters can you add to your URLs?
Properly built link consists of maximum 5 elements which will help you to track your marketing campaign and its features:
So much for the theory. Sounds a little bit complicated? There’s nothing to be afraid of. Let’s take a look at how it works in practice.
One more click and a custom URL link is generated and ready to copy. And that’s it! Take a look at final result below:
- Be specific – sharing something on Facebook with a source tag “social media” will be pointless. Unspecified tag will track whole social media area, not only your efforts focused on Facebook:
- Lowercase only – use lowercase in your tags and avoid spacing.
- Shorten your link – if the length of your link bothers you – shorten it. URL Builder will do it for you instantly.
- Never use the same parameter more than once.
- Do not tag your SEO campaigns. Google Analytics gather some information when visitor comes to your page from an organic search. Adding URL tags may cause overwriting analyzed data from your campaign.