How can we help you?
If you have a domain parked in GoDaddy, follow the steps below to redirect your domain to Landingi servers.
How to redirect a domain in GoDaddy?
1. Log in to your GoDaddy Account, move to My products and click a DNS button next to the chosen domain to see your domain’s DNS records.
2. Now, current DNS records appear. If you have an existing A and/or CNAME records you need to change those values by click on pencil icon. If you do not have existing records, you need to create them by clicking Add button and type the values as in the examples below.
A. For root domain you will need two records.
- A record for your naked domain (without www);
- CNAME (for your root domain with www – which is, in fact, a subdomain).
I. Change the A record and copy the settings visible below:
- in the field Points to put our IP number: 18.104.22.168
II. Change the CNAME record and copy the settings visible below:
- in the field Points to put the value: cname.landingi.com;
- In the Host field enter ‘www’.
B. For subdomain you will need one CNAME record.
I. Change the CNAME record and copy the settings visible below:
- in the field Points to put the value: cname.landingi.com
In the Host field put the subdomain to which the CNAME applies (for example, you’d enter ‘promotion’ if you’re using a subdomain ‘promotion.mylanding.com’).
Here’s how your DNS records should look like for root domain and subdomain:
Records for root domain:
Record for subdomain:
The most common errors can occur if you’re trying to create a CNAME record for a subdomain (host) that already has an existing A record (e.g. when you try to create a CNAME record for your ‘www’ subdomain). To fix this up, delete the A Record for your ‘www’ subdomain and then create the CNAME record as outlined above.