How can we help you?
Landing Page as a Facebook Tab
One of the additional options for landing page publication is publishing it as a Facebook Tab on your fanpage using Facebook Page Apps. Additional bookmarks will appear on the menu on the fanpage:
Landing page as a Facebook tab can be used as a subscription to the newsletter. In this case, a simple landing page with the minimum amount of elements will work best.
What should I know about the Facebook tabs?
- You cannot target campaigns (e.g., using Google Ads) to the fanpage tab.
- The tab is visible only on the desktop view.
What do I need to place the landing page as a Facebook page?
- Your fanpage must have a certain number of fans (> 2000), set by Facebook rules.
- The domain of your landing page must have installed an SSL certificate.
Publish a landing page as a Facebook tab
1. Log into your account on the Facebook for Developers page and navigate to the My Apps tab in the top panel.
2. Click Create App.
3. Select an app type: choose Business and click Continue.
4. In the new window, enter the name for the new application (in this case: tab), the contact email, and choose Yourself or your own business as the app's purpose. You can also connect the app with your Business Manager account. Then click Create App.
5. In the left-side panel, choose the Settings tab and click Basic.
7. Scroll the page down and click the Add Platform button.
8. Choose the platform: Page Tab.
9. Fill in the fields:
(1) In the Secure Page Tab URL field, enter your landing page address – please note that the address should start with “https://”. In the Page Tab Name field, enter the tab's name that will appear on the fanpage. Page Tab Edit URL is optional.
(2) Click on Save changes.
10. Then copy the following address and fill it like in the example below:
Copy your APP ID and paste it in place of YOUR_APP_ID. In place of YOUR_URL, paste the full address of your landing page (starting with “https://…”).
You can find your APP ID on the top of the page:
The full URL address may look like this: http://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=517900000&next=https://createlanding.online
11. Paste the finished URL into a new browser tab. In the window that appears, select the page (1) to which you want to add the landing page, and then click the Add Page Tab button (2).
12. A new tab will appear on your Facebook page.
More details about publishing your own Facebook tab you can find here.
Advertising with Facebook Ads
If you want to run advertising campaigns with Facebook Ads to make your clients visit your landing page outside Facebook, check our article about Facebook Ads basics.