Once you create and publish your landing page, it will be available under the test domain. In Landingi platform, you can publish it on your own domain (previously purchased from the selected provider) in several ways. Landingi does not offer domain sales services.
What will you find in this article:
The Root Domain is that domain’s part that is located directly next to the top-level domain (e.g. .eu or .com) and it is separated from it by the dot, e.g. in the example: mydomain.com ‘mydomain’ is the root domain.
The Subdomain is separated from the main domain by the dot, and it is placed on its left side, e.g. for the examples given down below:
subdomains are the following: ‘landingpage’ and ‘www’.
URL address subdomain.mydomain.com is the root domain’s subdomain that its name is mydomain.com. At domain providers’ administrative accounts usually you can create any number of free subdomains for the root domains.
If you want to host your landing page on Landingi servers, you can publish it only under the first level subdomain.
‘www’ in fact, is also a subdomain added to the root domain.
By means of A record, there is made the redirection from the URL address without ‘www’ into the one with ‘www’, thanks to which the user who writes the address without ‘www’ (e.g. mydomain.com) in the browser bar, will be automatically redirected on ‘www’ website (e.g. www.mydomain.com), on which the landing page is hosted.
There is no possibility to host landing page on the naked domain (without ‘www’) on Landingi servers – in such case we recommend to publish it on your own server (embed PHP).
In Landingi platform you have the possibility to publish the landing page under your own domain in three ways, but before you choose any of them, choose, how your URL address should look like:
If you decide to publish under the subfolder/subdirectory, so on the path (e.g. mydomain.com/landingpage, www.mydomain.com/landingpage), then both the main page (current homepage) and the landing page, need to be redirected to the same servers – setting a separated CNAME record for the main page and the landing page is impossible. If you redirect the root domain to our servers, the current page will stop being shown.
If you already have an active webpage on your main domain, we recommend to use the subdomain, or to add the landing page to your own server if you want to publish it as a path.
In Landingi platform you have the possibility to publish landing page under your own domain. You can make it in three ways:
I. Connect the domain with an account and publish Landing Page on Landingi servers
II. Publish Landing Page on your WordPress domain
III. Publish Landing Page on your own server
The entire process takes two following steps:
During the process of adding the domain to the account, we will automatically install the free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate.
1. Log into your account and go to Domains tab (1), then click Add domain (2).
2. Write the domain’s name, that you want to add and click Continue.
ATTENTION: the ‘www’ will be added automatically to the naked domain (e.g. mydomain.com).
3. You will see the new window with the manual, how to add the DNS records to your domain in administrative panel of your domain’s provider (outside the Landingi platform).
4. Log into the domain management panel on your domain’s provider and find the DNS records settings (DNS settings). Important: make sure you are not using the DNS servers that are dedicated for other purposes.
5.1. Add two new DNS records (CNAME and A), if you want to redirect the root domain according to the example given below:
Name: www.mojadomena.pl Type: CNAME Address: cname.landingi.com. Name: mojadomena.pl Type: A Address: 126.96.36.199
5.2 Add new DNS record (only CNAME) if you want to redirect the subdomain according to the example given below:
Name: landingpage.mojadomena.pl Type: CNAME Address: cname.landingi.com
Some of the panels require adding the dot (‘.’) manually at the end of the URL address or/and the name (most of the panels are adding them automatically). If you still have doubts about it, check the instructions at your provider’s FAQ.
6. When you are ready, come back to the Landingi platform and click OK, done.
Attention: Some of the panels, such as OVH, may require deleting the TXT records for the given domain.
You will see the information that the action is completed.
Our system is checking whether the DNS records were installed correctly – at this time the clock’s icon will be visible next to the domain address, it means that the connection is checked. Usually, your domain will be active after a few hours after adding it, but the total waiting time depends of the domains’ number added to our system and waiting for installing the certificate. We will inform you via email when the first domain will be installed successfully.
IMPORTANT: Due to the time needed to propagate the DNS records and installing SSL certificate, we recommend completing the above actions with a minimum of three days in advance before the campaign starts. If you want to use the Cloudflare simultaneously, check this manual.
7. When your domain is active, you will see the green globe icon next to it, and you will be able to assign the selected landing page.
1. Go to Landing pages tab and select the landing page from which you want to change the domain.
Click in More > Publishing Options.
2. Click on Change URL.
3. In the new window, choose the domain to which you want to assign the landing page (1) – optionally you can add the path to a URL address (2) – then click Save changes (3). Landing page should be visible immediately under the new URL address.
If your webpage is powered by WordPress and you want to display your landing pages on it, you can do it thanks to one of the dedicated plugins: Landing Pages App (without Landingi branding) or Landingi Landing Pages (with Landingi branding), that are available or in plugin search engine in WordPress dashboard.
What do you need to remember about:
1. Log in to Landingi platform. Click on your profile name (1) at the topbar and then go to API Tokens (2) tab.
2. In the new window, click on Add token button.
3. In the window ‘Create new API Token’, type the name of your token (e.g. ‘WordPress’) (1) and press Generate new token (2).
4. Generated token will be automatically saved in API Tokens tab.
5. Download and install one of our WordPress plugins.
1. Log into your WordPress account.
2. In the sidebar on the left, click Plugins (1). If you have not downloaded our plugin before, select Add new (2) and search Landingi Landing Pages (3) and then, add it to your account.
3. Go to Installed Plugins tab (1), and find Landingi Landing Pages there, then click Activate (2).
4. In the sidebar, Landingi tab will appear (1). Go to it and then click Settings (2). In the Setup connection window, paste the previously generated API token (3) and click Save API Token.
5. Go to Available Landings (1). On the right side, the list with your landing pages made in our platform will appear. Select the landing page that you would like to import and click Import (2). From now on each of them will be automatically active (published).
6. In Imported Landings tab you will see the previously imported landings. If you want to change the settings of any landing page, choose the right action that will appear after hovering over a selected landing page:
7. To change the URL address, hover over the selected landing page and click Edit. The direct link will appear in a new window. Click Edit (1) and type the new path’s name, then confirm it clicking OK (2).
If you do not want to use the hosting option in Landingi servers or you want to publish the landing page under your naked domain along the path (e.g. mydomain.pl/landingpage), you can download the landing page in a PHP file and add it to your server.
What should you remember about?
1. Log into the platform and go to the Landingi tab.
2. In the list of all the landing pages find the one you want to add to your server and click in More (1). From the drop-down menu choose the Publishing Options (2).
3. In the new window, click on the option Embed on server.
4. In the next window, click on Download a .PHP file.
5. After download, add the PHP file on your server in the chosen folder, just as the other website’s file.