How can we help you?
Popups – display rules
Popups are available in the Create plan and up.
You can choose the pages where your popup will be displayed, when it will appear, and how often. You will be asked to configure the display options just before a new popup is published, but you can change your settings at any time.
Go to the Popups tab, select popup, and click on Dashboard or Display Rules.
Watch our video tutorial:
How to set display rules for my popup?
I. Websites targeting
Here you set where to display the popup. You can either add it to a landing page (1) or connect it to an external website (2).
Popups on your landing pages
1. Click on Add Landing Page. From the list, select your landing page. Remember that you can place the popup on more than one landing page. Then Save.
Popups on your external websites
1. Click on Add External Pages. In the new window, type the URL of the target web page (1).
2. By default, the popup will be displayed on all subpages of the domain (2). If you also have other subdomains within your root domain, you should add them separately (type the full URL) in the Domain field.
3. NOTE: For the other display rules described below, you can specify whether the popup will be hidden or displayed on a particular URL. Select Show on or Hide on (1) from the drop-down menu on the left. These options are available when you select a display rule other than All URLs.
If you want the popup to be displayed or hidden only on the home page, select Home page (2).
4.There are some options to hide or display the popup.
- (1) Contains – the URL contains a specific phrase;
- (2) Starts with – the URL starts with a selected phrase;
- (3) Ends with – the URL ends with a specific phrase;
- (4) Exact match – type the relative address of the subpage, such as /offer/ directory/en.
5. Click on Save. Now you can go to the Next step.
Triggers determine which user behavior will activate the popup on the page. On our platform, you can choose from four different ways of displaying popups. Remember – you can choose more than one.
- (1) Time spent on the website – set the time after which the popup will be displayed to the user.
- (2) Scroll down – the popup will be displayed when a user scrolls down a page by a percentage of the page you specified.
- (3) Exit intent – the popup will be displayed when the user changes the cursor position with the intention of leaving the site.
- (4) Click on element – the popup will be displayed when the user clicks on the item you specified (you set it by typing the appropriate ID or class of the element).
Now you can set the popup display frequency.
- (1) Show on every visit.
- (2) Show once on the first visit.
- (3) Show always after the nth visit – specify after which visit the popup will start displaying (constantly, on each subsequent visit).
- (4) Show only on the nth visit – specify which visit popup will be displayed (only once).
Once all the steps have been properly done, the popup is ready for publication. Remember to configure each of the popup display options; otherwise, the publication will not be possible.
Click on Save changes.
The popup will be published automatically if it is assigned to a landing page.
For web pages, you have to install the code displayed in the next step.