How can we help you?
Google Analytics 4 integration (without conversion tracking)
Google has launched Analytics 4 with new interface and features. GA4 does not support goals with conversion tracking from form submission yet. If you want to track form submission, you need to create a Universal property. See this guide on how to integrate Analytics and track conversion. See the guide also if you are not sure which version you're using. You can also track conversions with Google Tag Manager.
You can track one landing page/URL using both Universal Analytics (UA) and Analytics 4 (GA4) (two different global tags). This way, you'll be able to track form submissions with UA and other events using GA4. You can always track everything using Universal Analytics. There's no wrong way to do it. The Universal property ID has a UA prefix.
This guide will show you how to integrate Analytics 4 with your landing page.
Create a property and get your global site tag
1. Log in to your Google Analytics account, go to Settings > Admin, and select Create Property. It's best to create a separate property for each URL (stream).
2. Name the property and click Next and Create.
3. You'll be asked to set up a data stream. Select Web.
4. Paste the URL of your landing page and name the stream. Click on Create stream.
5. You'll see Web stream details. Scroll down and copy the Global site tag (gtag.js).
You can access your global site tag from the Data Streams section. Click on it and go to the details of your stream.
Install the tag in Landingi
2. Type a name and paste the snippet in the Content field. Select Head for both pages and click Add.
3. GA will be tracking data on your landing page immediately after adding the tag. You'll see complete data in GA reports after about 24 hours, but active users on the landing page are visible in the Real-time tab. Adding the gtag.js is just the first step to fully take advantage of Google Analytics. Create events to track button events or any other events.