May 9, 2022 16min read
Effective Video Marketing Strategies For Lead Generation
December 16, 2019 11 min read
Table of contents
Table of contents
Have you ever created an amazing video, uploaded it, but couldn’t build any traction or engagement? Are you wondering how you can use video to direct people to a landing page that generates leads and converts? In this guide, we would like to present you several effective video marketing strategies for lead generation. Once you read this article you will get information about:
- Interesting video marketing statistics
- Reasons why video should be part of your marketing strategy
- Gate your video content
- Stick to a short video script
- Add effective cal to actions
- Repurpose your video on multiple social platforms
- Create a post-click landing page video
Interesting video marketing statistics
- YouTube has over a billion users. This amounts to about a third of the users on the internet.
- More than 500 million hours are spent on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded on the internet in 30 days than the amount created by major television networks in 30 years.
- 87% percent of online marketers say that they use video in their marketing strategy.
- One-third of the activity taking place on the internet is spent watching the video.
- A report by Cisco shows that by 2021, every second, a million minutes of video content will cross global IP networks (via Forbes)
- Marketers who use videos as part of their marketing strategy grow 49% faster than marketers that don’t use videos.
Reasons why video should be part of your marketing strategy
For instance, studies show that when you add an explainer video to your landing page, 74% of users are more likely to purchase the product.
Video improves consumer trust for your brandOne key step to excel with any kind of marketing is by building a relationship with your audience. When customers trust your brand, they are more likely to convert. The reason for this trust is because video is more likely to ignite emotions. When consumers can emotionally connect to your brand, they are more likely to make a purchase. 57% of consumers say that watching videos about a product before buying gives them more confidence to make the purchase.
Google algorithm loves video contentThe Google algorithm is a big fan of videos. Video increases the amount of time people spend on your site. The more time spent on your site, the higher your trust factor. This signals Google that people love the content on your site and hence increases your ranking in the SERPs. Google prioritizes YouTube videos in the search engine, so embedding YouTube videos increase your reach on search engines.
Video generates social sharesMost brand-focused content finds it difficult to generate shares and engagement on social media. I mentioned earlier that consumers react to content more when they are emotionally connected to it. Creating branded videos that are entertaining can cause an increase in engagement and social shares. 76% of users say that they would share a branded video to their friends and family as long as it is entertaining.
Mobile users prefer to watch videosPeople are more likely to watch videos on the go using their mobile phones. 90% of mobile users watch videos on their mobile. A report from Google shows that smartphone users are 1.4 times more likely to feel a connection to brands that show video content or ads on their mobile devices than TV users.
We have seen reasons why video should be part of your marketing strategy, let’s check out video marketing strategies for lead generation.
Gate your video contentGating means putting your video behind a metaphorical gate. Before users can have access to the video, they would have to offer some info. This info would most likely be an email address. This kind of method is a direct form of video lead generation. What is the difference between the direct and indirect video lead generation? In the direct form of lead generation, the video is what is offered to the prospect for some kind of information. In the indirect form of lead generation, the video would have to persuade the prospect to give their information. You can use a tool like Wistia’s Turnstile to create these gates. The gates would be a form that you set to pop up at the beginning of the video or in the middle. If the form appears in the middle before the prospect can continue with the rest of the video they would have to fill the form. To know which kind of gating method works best, check out this report by Brendan Schwartz from analyzing data from over 15,000 videos.
- Turnstiles that appeared at the beginning of the video had a 16% conversion rate. The only con was that the video has a smaller number of views received.
- Turnstiles that appeared in the middle of the video (around 10-20% after the prospect pressed play) had an amazing conversion rate of 43%.
- Turnstiles that appeared at the end of the video had a poor conversion rate of 3%, although the video had more views than the other two formats.