How can we help you?
PayPal payment gateway
PayPal is an online payment service that allows you to pay for products using a secure internet account. You can integrate a PayPal account with your Landingi account using three methods. A PayPal payment gateway button is the easiest one as you only need to paste your API Keys. You can also embed a PayPal button or integrate your form with PayPal.
Once the transaction has been successfully completed, you can redirect customers to a landing page where, for example, they can leave their email address so that you can send them the digital products they have purchased.
PayPal CHECKOUT BUTTON
Currencies supported by the PayPal payment gateway in Landingi: Canadian dollars (CAD), Australian dollars (AUD), Mexican pesos (MXN), Swiss francs (CHF), Euro (EUR), British pounds (GBP), Polish zloty (PLN), US dollars (USD), Norwegian kroner (NOK), Indian rupees (INR), Brazilian reals (BRL), Danish kroner (DKK), Swedish kroner (SEK), Philippine pesos (PHP) and Malaysian ringgit (MYR)*.
*available for Malaysian PayPal accounts only
Customers can pay using their PayPal account or any major credit or debit card.
Watch our video tutorial or follow the steps below.
Get your API keys from PayPal
1. Log in to your PayPal Developer account.
2. Go to My apps & Credentials tab. Select Sandbox if you want to run a test transaction, or click on Live to proceed with the actual sale of products. You need a Business account to go live and process live transactions.
3. Select an app from the list or create a new one.
4. If you create a new app, enter a name and select Merchant or Platform. Click on Create App.
5. Copy the Client ID (1) and Secret (2).
6. Scroll down to App Settings and verify whether all the required boxes are checked. If you want to sell products, you must select Accept payments, others are optional. Go to Landingi.
Activate the PayPal gateway in Landingi
1. Log in to the Landingi platform, click on your profile/account name in the upper right corner and go to Payment Gateways.
2. Navigate to the PayPal section. Paste your Client ID and Secret key and select Sandbox for test transactions, or Live if you want to launch an actual sale. Remember that the settings selected in this section must match the settings in your PayPal account panel.
3. Now you can add a buy button to your landing page. On the left side of the editor, hover over the Pay buttons, then choose the Paypal button and drag and drop it into the active area of your landing page. Go to its Settings.
4. Select a product from the list (1) or add a new one (2) and refresh the list to link it to this payment gateway. Click Save & close. You can only add one product to a single payment gateway button.
You can view, add and edit your products in the Products tab.
5. In the right-side toolbar, find the Next Action tab where you can specify an action after the payment has been made. By default, the user will be redirected to a thank you page (Default TYP), but if your landing page has multiple payment gateways or other signup forms, you can create and link a landing page that displays only after a transaction is completed (URL).
TIP: When you sell digital products, use Redirect to URL to redirect users to a page where you can ask them for their email to send the purchased product.
6. All set! Now you can publish your landing page.
7. The user will be redirected to the PayPal checkout.
The list of transactions in PayPal
You will find the details of each transaction in the Activities > All transactions tab.
EMBED A PayPal BUTTON AS HTML WIDGET
Items sold via this PayPal button will not be loaded to your list of orders in Landingi. You can embed a PayPal button as an HTML widget.
Get your HTML snippet from PayPal
2. Select a button that you want to create.
3. Complete the required fields.
4. If you select the Buy Now button, in step 3, paste the URL of a landing page that the user will be redirected to when the checkout is finished or canceled.
5. Click on Create Button and copy the code. If you select the Buy Now button, copy the Website code. Go to Landingi.
Install the HTML snippet in Landingi
1. Log in to your Landingi account and go to the editor of your landing page.
2. On the left side of the editor, find the HTML widget, then drag and drop it into the active area of your landing page.
3. Paste the PayPal button snippet in the Add custom HTML field and save changes. You have to publish your landing page to see the PayPal button.
PayPal FORM INTEGRATION
The PayPal checkout is activated when a user submits a form.
Items sold via this PayPal button will not be loaded to your list of orders in Landingi.
2. Select the Buy Now button.
3. Complete the required fields.
4. In step 3, paste the URL of a landing page that the user will be redirected to when the checkout is finished or canceled.
5. Click on Create Button and copy the Email code. Go to Landingi.
2. Click on Add script.
3. Edit the following code:
<script> window.location.href = "%paypalcodehere%"; </script>
Find %paypalcodehere% and replace it with your PayPal snippet.
4. Type in a name (1), paste your custom code (2), select Body bottom (3) and Conversion page (4). Click on Add.
5. If you want to forward the email address that the user submitted in the form on your landing page, add the following snippet to the script (between the &amount and ¤cy parameters) and save changes:
&email= " + conversion.email + "
6. Go to the editor of your landing page, add a Form widget and publish the landing page.
Browse all integrations in our Integrations Catalog to see tools you can connect Landingi with.