How can we help you?
How to set up a subdomain (other than www)
In Landingi, you can publish your landing page to your own subdomain. A free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate will be automatically added for every correctly installed subdomain.
- Before you start the configuration, add the subdomain in Landingi.
- If this is your first time configuring domains in Landingi, see how to get started with domains.
This general guide will show you how to redirect a subdomain other than www. You'll find setup guides for selected domain name providers in the Help Center.
Go here if you want to configure a www subdomain.
Redirecting a subdomain
1. Log in to your domain provider's account.
2. Find your domain and edit the DNS zone. Some domain providers only give you access to a DNS zone when you purchase a hosting package. If you have access to the nameservers, you can try managing the domain with Cloudflare for free.
3. If you already have a subdomain that you want to redirect to Landingi, edit the record value. If the existing record type for the selected subdomain is CNAME, you must change it to A. If you cannot edit the record type, delete the record for the selected subdomain completely and add a new one.
If you want to create a new subdomain, add a new A record.
See the next step for the values you need to add to the records.
4. Some domain providers may require a different form of value for the Host/Name and Address fields, for example, they may require you to add a dot at the end of the value. In this example, we use the following value for the new subdomain: subdomain.domainname.com. Replace the subdomain and domain name with the names for your subdomain and domain, and paste them in a format required by your provider.
subdomain subdomain. subdomain.domainname.com subdomain.domainname.com.
If you are still not sure how records are added to the root domains, you can contact our Support Team or your domain provider.
Installing the subdomain in Landingi
Once you've added the subdomain to your account, our system will verify whether the DNS redirections have been done correctly. During this time, an hourglass icon will be visible next to the domain with the information that the domain is being verified. Usually, the domain will be active a few hours after adding it, but the total waiting time depends on the number of domains in our system waiting in the queue to install the certificate. We will email you when the domain is installed correctly.
A green globe icon indicates an active domain. You can assign it to your landing page.
In some cases, you have to wait between 1 and 24 hours for the records to propagate.
TIP: If you are not receiving emails sent from our platform, it is possible that your email provider treats them as SPAM. To ensure you get messages from Landingi, add our email addresses or domains (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) to your whitelist.